I came up with these as a way of using up some left over mashed potato I had knocking about in my fridge. It was really quick and easy and surprisingly tasty if I do say so myself!
WHAT YOU NEED:
(These quantities are approximate because I just made it up as I went along)
2 cups mashed potato
1 can of pink salmon (my can was 213g)
3 heaped teaspoons of pesto
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Drain the salmon and roughly mash it into the potato.
2. Stir in the pesto and lemon juice.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper (take care here, depending on your taste you might not want any salt at all if you seasoned the potato at the time of mashing).
4. Melt the butter and pour it into four ramekin pots, then spoon the potato and salmon mixture on top.
5. Bake for 10 mins in a pre-heated oven at 180C/350F.
6. Sprinkle grated mozzarella on top of each pot and return to the oven for 5-10 mins until the cheese has melted and browned on top.
Best served with a salad.
I couldn’t decide whether to say that these serve four people or two people. I actually ate two pots myself, with some tomatoes on the side, although one pot might be enough with a bigger salad, or if serving for lunch.