This is very simple and quite wonderful. I got the recipe from here, and have altered the quantities a little and changed it to UK weight measurements.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 kg skinless raw chicken breasts
- 2 jars red enchilada sauce (approx 700g total)
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 400g grated cheddar cheese
- 150-200g sliced black olives (I used a jar that was 340g with liqud, 170g drained weight)
- Sour cream to serve
WHAT YOU DO
1. Place the whole chicken breasts and enchilada sauce in the slow cooker/crock pot and cook on high for 5 hours.
2. Using two forks completely shred the chicken inside the slow cooker.
3. Stir in the tortilla strips, about a third of the cheese and half the olives.
4. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese and the olives on top, and cook for one more hour.
5. Spoon into bowls, add a large dollop of sour cream, and tuck in.