Recipe makes 12.
WHAT YOU NEED
12 tablespoons butter (that’s approx 1 1/2 sticks US or 3/4 pack UK butter)
1/3 cup soft brown sugar
1 package frozen, ready rolled, puff pastry (2 sheets in pack), defrosted as per pack instructions
For the filling:
3 tablespoons butter
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2/3 cup soft brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins
WHAT YOU DO
1) Combine the 12 tbsp butter with the 1/3 cup light brown sugar until well blended. Spoon it into muffin tins (12 cup), it’s approx one rounded tablespoon in each one.
2) Lightly flour work surface and open out one sheet of the pastry.
3) Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter, stir the cinnamon into it and brush half of it all over the pastry sheet.
4) Sprinkle 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins over the pastry, leaving a 1 inch border.
5) Starting from one of the short ends, roll the pastry up. Cut a small amount from each end of the roll to straighten up, then cut the roll into six pieces.
6) Place each one, swirl side upwards, on top of the butter/sugar mixture in the muffin tins.
7) Repeat with the second pastry sheet.
8) Bake in a pre-heated oven 400F/200C for half an hour.
9) Allow to cool in the pans for just a couple of minutes until the toffee has stopped bubbling. Then remove them carefully with a large spoon and turn them upside down onto a sheet of parchment paper, spooning any extra toffee left in the bottom of the pans over the top. Take care not to leave them too long in the pans or the toffee will weld them in there! Allow them to cool completely on the parchment paper, then store them in an airtight container.