In recognition of St Patrick’s Day this Sunday, something green…
There are several versions of Pistachio Bark floating around, this is my take on it. It was a bit of an experiment because I had no idea whether the combination of peppermint and salted pistachios would taste good, but it really does – try it, you’ll see!
WHAT YOU NEED:
300g white chocolate
200g salted pistachios (that’s the in-shell weight, once de-shelled it’s around 105g)
1 teaspoon peppermint essence
Few drops of green food colouring
WHAT YOU DO:
1) Remove the shells from the pistachios and bash them up a bit so that some stay whole and some are broken.
2) Break the chocolate into squares and melt over a double boiler, or in the microwave.
3) Stir in the green colouring, the peppermint essence and the pistachios.
4) Press into a 20cm x 30cm tin lined with parchment paper.
5) Chill until hard, and then break up into pieces.
Having tried this now, I think it would make a really nice gift if you put a few pieces into a cellophane bag and tied it up with a pretty ribbon. That’s if you can resist eating it all yourself!