You can never have too many good cookie recipes in your repertoire right?
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
200g almond chocolate bar
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Melt butter.
2. Beat the sugar and vanilla into the butter.
3. Beat the eggs in.
4. Sieve the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir into the mixture.
5. Roughly chop the almond chocolate bar, like this (makes about 1 1/2 cups) –
6. Stir the chocolate into the cookie mixture.
7. Use an ice-cream scoop to dollop rounds of cookie mixture onto prepared baking trays (either greased or lined with baking paper). Leave plenty of space for them to spread out during cooking. Makes 15 cookies – I did 5 each on three baking trays.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 170C, 330F for about 15 minutes until they are starting to brown at the edges.
9. Transfer to racks to cool.